Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kinda slow at week 6

I jumped on the scale this morning and was kinda bummed. Thought for sure I would see a big loss this week. My official 6 week weigh in was 144.7. It is still a loss of .4 lbs. I am trying to be OK with that number. I guess what is bugging me is that I weighed on Sat and was down to 144.1 which was a 1lb loss. I have been really good about what I ate. I even skipped a snack last night knowing my weigh in date was today. In the greater scheme of things i am doing great. It was still a loss and not a gain. As of today I have lost a total of 7lbs. I am very proud of that and the fact that no matter what speed bumps come my way I conquer them all. It may be a slow go but it is definitely going.

I have gotten the hang of the point system and actually enjoy the food I am eating. I like finding foods that have a low point value and actually finding myself full after eating them. It has become my challenge to find foods similar to my favorites that fit into my plan and i actually enjoy eating the new choice. When I have done any other diet I have never stuck with it this long. Most of the time the food is crappy and I feel like I am being deprived. I like that if I want some chocolate, pumpkin pie, Ice cream, I can eat it. No one tells me no and they actually encourage you to eat your favorites.

If anyone is looking to loose weight I would definitely recommend Weight Watchers. I see this as a new life style not just a diet i "have" to do. I can't wait for Christmas time and to reveal that I have lost all the weight I was looking to get rid of. I am a lot happier when I step on the scale now. I don't hate shopping for clothes anymore. I love putting on things I haven't worn in a while and realizing how much better I look in it now. I have a way to go but I sure am on the right road now.

As a follow up to the hiccup of last week..... Still haven't seen Aunt Flow yet. It has been 17 days since she was supposed to show up. I haven't taken any more tests. I really dont see the point. After 4 negative tests and a negative blood test I figure what will be will be. If I am indeed pregnant I will figure it out soon enough. If not I should just be happy with not having that unwanted monthly guest. I do have a Dr apt with my OBGYN on the 4th. If I still havent started by then I will go and see what he has to say. He can at least do an ultrasound in the office and that will confirm one way or another if there is a bun in the oven. I secretly am keeping my fingers crossed that there is something growing in there. If not well there's always next month.......

See you next week a little bit lighter....

No comments:

Post a Comment