Today is weigh in day. This morning before eating or getting my coffee I got up and got on the scale. I got on in hopes of seeing another 2 pounds gone. So what did the scale say you might ask..... The same as last week. 146.6lbs. I will admit I was a bit disappointed when I saw the number but have to keep reminding myself that it isn't always going to be easy to get this weight off. All day long I have replayed the past week to figure out where I went wrong. There were 2 meals that weren't the best but they weren't that bad. Or so I thought.... I also think I need to be a bit more diligent about the portion sizes I eat. Maybe that is where i am going wrong. Maybe it's time to stop my morning coffee and choose a better breakfast. As I was beating myself up about this I had to try and look on the bright side. At least the scale didn't go up. It's easier to keep losing what you already have than to lose weight you put back on.
I took my measurements when I started weight watchers so i can have an idea how much my body has changed when I reach my goal. I decided to check them today to see if there has been any change in my body other than what the scale says. To my surprise I have lost in every category. I have lost a total of 6.8inches. The most was off my waist and hips at 2in each. That is very exciting news to me since I really don't see the difference myself. It does however explain why my jeans are fitting a little better these days. So I have taken away a piece of contentment to know that even though the scale didn't read a lower number I actually am changing my body.
In the past when I hit a plateau or gained a little back I would always quit. I figured why am I doing all this work if nothing is going to come of it. Today I have the mind set that as long as I put in the work and stay honest with myself I can conquer this hurdle in my life. Another great thing that has come of this life change is that I am cooking a lot more healthy dinners for the family. I actually enjoy getting in the kitchen and putting dinner together. Anyone who knows me knows this is the BIGGEST milestone so far.
Next week is a new week with a clean slate. I am hoping to show a loss on the scale. I will not give up just because of this wee little bump in the road. I will continue to work hard and get to where i want to be. Now that the weather is getting to be a little less like living in hell I think I will start getting back on my road bike and enjoy the time away from the kids and having my mind cleared for about an hour. See you back here in a week with a little less of me to share ; )
See you on the skinnier side!!
No comments:
Post a Comment