I have been working out very hard at the gym for 2 weeks now and feeling pretty darn good about myself. I have days where i have what I like to call body envy when I see other girls at the gym. I guess it's a good thing since that keeps me motivated to try and get into that kind of shape. However I have to be realistic I'm sure half of these skinny and muscular girls haven't had 3 kids. I know before I had kids I had a rockin body too. I am realizing that i wouldn't trade in the mommy pouch I have or the cellulite on my thighs for the 3 beautiful miracles I'm lucky enough to call my kids. My kids love me no matter what size my jeans are. They don't judge me when my skinny jeans wont zip. They could care less if I'm in a bikini or a moo moo as long as I'm in the water playing with them. They love me when I'm in my jammies with no makeup and my hair pulled up in a bun. They love me when I'm half asleep in bed with morning breath as long as they can be right next to me snuggling. I will not stop going to the gym and become complacent with where I'm at but i have figured out that my happiness is not going to come from fitting into size 0 jeans, or from having a flat tummy. My happiness is going to come from the unconditional love my Husband and Kids give me, and from me being happy with me.
I know there is no way that my body will ever look like it did before kids but I will still try to improve what I can and become happy with what I cant. I may even dare to put on a bikini again and be happy with what I see looking back at me in the mirror. If you see me and see the cellulite on my thighs or the little pouch where my kids grew don't judge me, smile and know all that came because I'm a mom and sometimes put my kids before my own needs. If you don't like what you see look the other way. I won't go to drastic measures to make my body appealing to you. I have one person to make happy and that's me! Making my husband and Kids happy is just icing on the cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment