We just past week 2 and boy oh boy was it a week. Lots of outside stress and lots of good eats. I had 2 soccer games this week and even scored in one of the games. I absolutely love getting out on the field with all the ladies I play with. It is so much fun and sooo mentally therapeutic. Unfortunately my shin splints have reared their ugly head yet again. As I type this I sit with frozen peas, and carrots on my legs. I think I may make a Dr. apt for this since I haven't done any impact exercise for 4 months and they are just as bad. The worst news I could possibly get is that I have to hang up the shin guards and never play soccer again. Being on the field makes me happy and clears my mind. I would spend everyday for hrs on the field if I could. Where getting into the gym everyday is like torture. So I will keep my fingers crossed that this is something that will quickly past so I can get back to enjoying my MA Devils.
OK Back to what I'm here for. Today is weigh in day and the scale read........ 148.4
No change from last week but staying the same is a lot better than the scale going up. I also went out and had Sushi, 3 glasses of champagne, Carne asada and my world famous guacamole, and ate at Chevy's. Not all in the same day that is. So with all that yummy not so healthy food i'm satisfied that there was no change in my weight. My goal for this week is to drop 2 more pounds by being vigilant on what I eat.
I never believed all the talk that stress and not getting enough sleep can stall the weight loss process but after this week i'm starting to think they might be on to something. Bed time for me has been no earlier than 11:30 every night with a few 1am bed times thrown in there. Having kids who are up at 7:30 am no matter what time you put them to bed and a hubby who sets the alarm for 5am so he can get to the gym before work hurt the chance of getting the recommended 8hrs of sleep. On my to do list for the next week I will also add going to bed before 11pm. The stress topic is a little harder to deal with. When it is family that is causing this how do you just ignore it???? I am trying my hardest to live by the belief that it's not my problem there for I should not think about it or let it creep into "my" family life. Certain days are better than others but when it is in your face all the time it's hard to let it slide off. I have begged to move to the other side of the world to get away from all of it but unfortunately Curtis' paycheck comes from here and most likely always will. Damn it!!! So now i'm just begging to move to the other side of town. Let's see if i can make that happen.
Here's to a better week 3 and 2 more pounds lost. See you on the skinnier side!!
No comments:
Post a Comment