Yesterday was 5 weeks on Weight Watchers. After not loosing any weight last week I decided i wasn't going to give in and keep on keeping on. So I left last week in the past and kept my head pointed to the future. It was a pretty good week. My sister Amy and her family came into town for the Pumpkinman Triathlon. Her husband Stacey and Curtis were going to be competing in he race. I got to spend a lot of great time with my family which always keeps me happy. But with family time comes yummy food..... I tried to be as good as I could but didn't say no to everything. I am a lucky girl to have such an amazing family. We spent most of Saturday out watching Stacey and Curtis swim, ride, and run. It was a beautiful morning and I had pretty great company this time around. While watching all these amazing people, young, old, all body types, pushing themselves I was thinking that maybe I should do this too..... Then I saw my husband walk across the finish line and remembered it isn't as easy as it looked. I will stick to soccer!
So weigh in day came and I was eager to jump on the scale to see if it had moved this week. To my surprise it had. My official weight for the week is 145.1. I lost another 1.5 lbs this week. It was reassuring to see that the scale was reflecting the work I was putting in. I am shooting for 2lbs next week but as always I will take whatever loss I get.
The hiccup I mentioned is that I thought there may be a small chance I was knocked up. I am officially 11 days over due for "that time". Most women wouldn't complain that they missed their period but since I went off my birth control in August and we weren't planning another baby right now we were a bit nervous. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests and all were negative but still no Aunt Flow. I finally called my Doula Naomi and she offered to get me a blood test to get a definite answer. I went yesterday and may I just add that the wait for the results was horrible!!! With playing soccer and drinking this past weekend I just needed to know as soon as possible. I got the call this morning that the test was negative. I think Curtis was a bit more relieved than I was to get that news. Even though I know right now isn't the ideal time for a baby I was hoping that maybe this was God's way of saying it was. So now the question is: do I sit and wait for my body to get it's crap together and start when it's ready or do I go the herbal route and get it started myself.
I have done some research and asked questions regarding this topic.I have had a lot of people help with what herbs are the best to regulate irregular periods. I have also come across people who warn me that it is possible to get a negative result on the blood test and still actually be pregnant. If I did take these herbs I would then most likely loose the baby. HMMMMMMMMM...... What to do what to do?????? One lady said her friend got negative results till her 11th week. Her Dr was trying to get her to take meds to start her period too. If she had she would have lost her twins. I do have a Dr apt on November 4th with my OBGYN. I was going to cancel this but now I might just keep it in case I don't start by then. Maybe he will do an ultrasound and another blood test. I'm sooooooo confused!!!!
Oh well Next week will be here soon enough so I will keep my eye on the prize and hopefully will be 2 lbs lighter this time next week.
See you on the skinnier side!
No comments:
Post a Comment