Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Damn peanut butter Snickers.....

Hi, my name is Michelle and I'm addicted to peanut butter snickers. Isn't the first step acknowledging you have a problem? Well I think I have a problem. I can't go a day without these tiny little evil bits wrapped in yellow paper. The bad thing is that I buy these things and bring them into my house. The kids don't bring them home from a day out with Daddy, Curtis doesn't bring them home, I go out and buy them. Talk about self sabotaging. Here I'm complaining about wanting to lose weight and I bring those dang things into my house to taunt me. Why can't I be stronger and just walk past them?

I have realized lately I'm an emotional eater. If I'm having a hard day with the kids I eat. If there is drama going on I eat, and seriously I am surrounded by drama lately. I wonder if we moved if I would still be eating when I'm not really hungry? I know I will feel better and feel better if I eat better food but it is soooooo easy to grab those foods that make me "happy". The crazy thing is I do like things that are good for me and when we are all up at the cabin and there are veggies sitting out I love munchin on those, but for some reason I don't do it here. I have no idea why. I know my kids learn by my example and that bothers me. Usually I am more strict with them when it comes to snacking than I am on myself.

I hate dieting because I hate being told no when I want something. I hate feeling deprived. Don't I sound like a spoiled little brat? I was on a diet called  The 17 Day Diet. It was fantastic. I lost a pound a day and didn't feel to deprived. Then we moved and all that went out the window. I tried to start up again but haven't been able to commit completely. I fight with the inner demon on a daily bases. I start every morning with the best of intentions but by lunch time it's shot. Then dinner time is a toss up. If i cook then usually it's a pretty healthy dinner but then it's portions that are to much. If we go out to eat for dinner i know dang good and well I'm not making the best choices. How do I get over this? I watch the Biggest Loser and am so inspired by these people who need to lose over 100 lbs and they go for it with out looking back. All i need to do is drop 20 and i cant get out of my own way.

Maybe by putting this to "paper" I will have to be held accountable for my actions and get off my butt.  I can't expect exercise alone to get rid of this weight. I need to start eating better and treating myself better. I'm the luckiest girl no matter what the scale says my husband and kids love me unconditionally. I think if i cut my goal from 20lbs to lose down to just 5 at a time it wont seem so daunting and it wont be so easy to talk myself out of sticking with it. Hopefully the next time I talk about this I will be telling you all about my success instead of my failures. Stay tuned and hopefully by summer I will be a completely different girl.

4 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! Who knew you were that in love with peanut butter snickers!! hehehe
    You are strong and when you put your mind to something you WILL WIN!!!
    The one thing that will motivate you.....is that you are NOT a quitter!! You may not like being told what to do/not do, but you hate being a failure more! hehehe
    Stay strong lova. If you can have a baby without drugs, you can lose the weight you want :)
    * I'm addicted to RedBulls lately :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you not see my status BACON GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES after an insanity workout that i almost puked in after 20 minutes.... food is comfort. instead of 7 just have one.... cut back dont cut out youll go nuts... i did! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Momma. I try to pull on the strength I had when I had Piper but for some reason I haven't been able to find it. Thanks for your support. It means alot to me. I will prevail it may not be as soon as I want but it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brit. Itry to only have one but since they are bite size it's sooooo easy to grab 4. But you are completly right moderation is the key. I am trying I swear. If only I didn't like food so much.

    ReplyDelete