Everyone in my family has done a half marathon, except for my parents, and I have put off their offers till now. So i have agreed to do the Salt Lake half. Now let me tell you I haven't run since we did Ragnar in June. I have also been sick with a Upper repiratory thingy. Curtis and I are joining the Hanor's on the 12th to do the Hoover dam tunnels run. We were smart enough to do the 2 man relay, so we thought..... So we are 1 1/2 weeks out and i just did my first run today. My part of this relay might i add is 6 miles.
I decided to go to Eldorado to run the track and do some stairs. First all the gates were locked so after I drove around the entire school I went back to the track and had to jump the fence. I had every intention of running 4 miles today. My legs and lungs on the other hand had a completly different idea. The first quarter mile i was sure i was going to drop dead. I think i hacked more loogies running those 2 miles than I ever have in my life. I am honestly surprised i'm not dehydrated. (I'm going to add this for Brandi) I had to snot rocket at least 4 times cuz my nose was drippin so damn bad. hehehe love you!! Anyways. After getting done with the last round of stairs my lungs were bleeding and my legs were wobbly and i still had to jump back over the fence. I clibed up to the top and convinced my last leg to go over and realized there was not going to be an elegant way of getting down so I jumped hoping i didn't end up on my head, but slightly wishing i'd break my ankle so i had a way out. Fortunatly neither happened (damn it).
When I got home I realized I have holes in my pants from jumping the fence, I had only ran 2 of the 4 miles I wanted to, and my lungs and legs will be torturing me for the next day or so. Really this is what i signed up for???
After this relay we have a month till we have the salt lake half. I am very excited to be doing this though because my sister's, their husband's, my brother, and some friends are all going to be running. My mind set is I can finish anything even if I have to walk some of it. But afterwards I can add this to my resume of things i have acomplished in my life. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!
No comments:
Post a Comment